Assignment Six: Light Painting

For my assignment this week, I explored the world of light painting. By setting a very long shutter speed on the camera (up to 30 seconds on the one I used), the camera will capture the pictures that you can create with light. It is much harder than it looks and while I did get a few good shots, I think there is much to improve on and I will definitely continue to work with the effects of light painting. I think I'll give macro a shot next!

Here is the best shot I got for light painting:
































ISO: 100
Aperture: f/3.5
Shutter Speed: 20 seconds

Here is a slideshow of the rest of my light painting photos.


 

Amanda Lajiness' Photos  – (June 1, 2010 at 5:34 AM)  

I really like all of your light painting pictures. I liked doing light painting a lot too. I like how you have a contrast of colors and it looks like their moving off the picture. (:

Katie Saxton  – (June 1, 2010 at 5:34 AM)  

I really like your main picture its really cool because you used 2 different colors and it is a design not just a blob of light. What did you use to get that picture?

kaitlin  – (June 1, 2010 at 5:43 AM)  

I really like the colors in your best shot! I did light painting for my assignment six, too. it was really hard for me, but you look like a pro!
nice job!(:

Alexis D.  – (June 1, 2010 at 5:45 AM)  

I really like the colors in your light painting pic. It looks really good against the black, and pops out at you. Its also a cool design. Great job! :)

Kim  – (June 1, 2010 at 5:49 AM)  

I really like the color of the light and the different designs. Nice job :)

Post a Comment

Favorite Nature Photo

Favorite Nature Photo

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP