Assignment Three: Black and White

This week I explored the 'black and white' side of photography. This is a really great effect to do with photos because it focuses your eye on the small details of the picture; some that you may not notice with the bright colors visible. It also adds a simplicity to them and to me it makes them seem clean and crisp which I really enjoy. My best photo is of one of the Arabian horses at a barn not far from my house. I like the depth of field and the focus on the dark eye while the background is blurred out. It helped that the horse was white because the darkness of the eye is exaggerated.
































ISO: 3200
Aperture: f/ 5.6
Shutter: 1/1600

Here is a slideshow of my best black and white photos.


 

Amanda Lajiness' Photos  – (May 10, 2010 at 5:26 AM)  

your picture is really good. I love black and white pictures because you arent always distracted by the color. Yours turned out really cool. It turned out really clear for being so up close.

Katie Saxton  – (May 10, 2010 at 5:27 AM)  

I really like your main photo. how it is mainly white with the black eye creates cool contrast! Good Job!

alexis  – (May 10, 2010 at 5:28 AM)  

i really liked the horse!! it really helps that the horse is already white and the eye is black. :) ha. but its really cool. i also like the one picture you have of the barn, even though it is black and white you can still see the sun rays shinning through. it makes it really well done.

Kristina  – (May 10, 2010 at 5:32 AM)  

I really liked your number one picture. It really did a great job with black and white. Good Job!

Elizabeth Knight  – (May 10, 2010 at 5:32 AM)  

I love that you chose this photo as your best. The color of the horse has great contrast and really works for black and white. Nice work :)

Conner  – (May 10, 2010 at 5:37 AM)  

I love this picture. The angle that you shot this at is amazing. I love how the horses eye pops in this picture. Great Job!

Jill  – (May 10, 2010 at 9:20 AM)  

Awesome picture. I like that the white of the horse is not too bright. It creates a really cool mood for this picture, as well as how the eye is not looking directly at the camera.

Post a Comment

Favorite Nature Photo

Favorite Nature Photo

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP