Assignment Two: Animal Week

This week was all about animals. I took pictures of the geese at the pond near the high school and while there, I noticed there was a beaver so I snapped a shot of that too. I also took pictures of a parrot and two of my dogs. I continued to work with the exposure triangle and rule of thirds this week. There was a little trouble when it came to the goose pictures as the goose turned out very dark while the water was very light. Luckily, I was able to adjust the levels in photoshop which helped with the darkness of the geese. It also helped bring in and enhance some of the colors of the parrot.

This is the photo of the week:





























ISO: 400
F/stop: f/13
Shutter: 1/125

Below is the slideshow of my ten best animal pictures this week.


 

Amanda Lajiness' Photos  – (May 3, 2010 at 5:25 AM)  

I love your picture. It turned out really clear and I love how the colors pop. I also like how it isn't just a cat or dog animal picture and it's something different. The aperture also looks really good.

musicpurist321  – (May 3, 2010 at 5:27 AM)  

The Parrot Pictures are all really cool. The background is blurred out really well. I might try to bring the color out even a little more, but other than that its awesome.

alexis  – (May 3, 2010 at 5:35 AM)  

i really like the pictures of the parrot. they are very well done. i like how the exotic colors of the parrot pop out. and i really like the reflection of the goose photos.

Elizabeth Knight  – (May 3, 2010 at 5:45 AM)  

I love the picture of the parrot. The plain background and depth of field really make the colors pop. Well done. :)

Katie Saxton  – (May 3, 2010 at 5:46 AM)  

I like how the parrot is in focus and the background is blurred out, and gray which makes the parrots colors pop even more. Your pictures are amazing! Nice Job!!

Mary Blair  – (May 3, 2010 at 5:46 AM)  

I love the color contrast between the parrot and the background. It really makes the colors pop well. Great job :)

Post a Comment

Favorite Nature Photo

Favorite Nature Photo

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP